Alright you guys, I have to level with you. As the good George Washington said; "I cannot tell a lie". *sigh* I didn't go to Thailand. I didn't study Buddhism (although I would love to someday), I did not drive a moped, and the Canadian CIA probably has no knowledge of my existence. I was simply lazy about updating the site, which was dumb. HOWEVER, I have been up to a lot! Let me tell you in a list.
1. I was in an amazing Movie Musical at NYFA
2. I graduated from NYFA after a wonderful two years of hard work
3. I had a lot to think about after school in terms of what I wanted to do, and decided (after talking to my teachers) that I wanted to really pursue my luck in film for a while, so I thought... L.A.!
4. Packing my life into a small car, my father, guinea pigs, and I drove from New York City to Arizona in a whopping 3 DAYS. :)
5. Since I was out of money, I decided to work in Arizona for the summer, going back and forth to LA for meetings and such, and then move in the fall..
6. I was helping out at my father's Chiropractic clinic, as well as teaching voice lessons to quite a few fantastic students in Arizona.
7. I realized that one of my big passions in life was writing music, and started the process of forming a band. It's still in the works, but I'm really looking forward to what the future has in store for that!! I was able to write and collaborate with some fantastic friends I made over the summer!
8. During my time in LA (despite the fact that I LOVED it, met some incredible people, became utterly obsessed with Santa Monica, and never wanted to leave), it became very apparent that getting an agent was going to be difficult, if not impossible due to the fact I do not have permanent residency. POOP!!
9. I dried my tears and came up with another plan
10. after some consideration I realized something..... I'M CANADIAN. I know, I know...."God, Dom. You really just figured that out?" "no imaginary people yelling at me, but I might have forgotten for a short time"
This brings me to my final point in the list that could have just been made into paragraphs.
11. I moved to Vancouver. I thought about it a lot and knew that the film industry was doing well out here, I could start a band without as many complications, and I have family OOT here :) so I moved in with my Aunt Judi, and her three crazy sons and one crazy black lab Charlie, and I am having the time of my life. I have a few agent meetings this week, so stay posted of that progress and what I'm up to next. Again thank you for sticking with me through these crazy times, and I love you all!!